Dear Santa —
WTF, dude? I mean, I know we haven’t talked in like 25 years or something, but really? Cancelling the best show on TV (Dollhouse, duh), and what do we get instead in 2010? Freaking Caprica? Are you on drugs? And don’t even get me started on Stargate: Universe…or, rather Stargate: Who’s Driving this Bus? No one, the same person writing the fecking script.
Just so there’s no misunderstandings next year, here’s my wishlist for next winter holiday. You have plenty of time, Santa. Don’t. Screw. It. Up.
- A standalone Google Wave client. Google Wave is cool, right, and with Chrome I can make an application shortcut and have it behave like its own app. So this should be pretty easy, since the platform has its’ own set of built-in gadgets. All I want is the freaking menu bar to blink when I have a new message/wave. Seriously, is that so hard?
- A Joss Whedon show that doesn’t get cancelled after 2 seasons.
- For that matter, a Dollhouse movie would be nice.
- HBO and Showtime to join Starz in signing lasting contracts with Netflix to stream movies and TV shows, thereby adding, like, every movie ever into Netflix’s Instant Viewing database.
- Netflix, Hulu, or someone to make some sort of deal to offer pay-per-view, online screenings of movies that are in theaters right now.
- Universally accepted CSS/HTML standards that eliminate browser compatibility issues. Dammit.
- Heroes to either be put to death, or else to not suck, whichever is less impossible.
- Steam, nVidia, or OnLive to launch a cloud computing video game streaming service so I don’t need to upgrade my graphics card every time I want to play a new game.
8-a. Steam, nVidia, and/or OnLive to not be competitors in the cloug computing video game streaming industry. It would be ridiculous to have to have 3 different monthly subscriptions or some such bullshit.
- Frickin’ Flying Cars. Seriously, it’s 2010, and the best we can do is a single company running space tourism jaunts into low orbit for rich folk?! If you can’t give me flying cars, the least you could do is those hoverboards from Back to the Future II so I can fall on my face and break my nose.
- A fat wad of cash that falls from the sky and is completely tax-free so we can finish fixing up the house and spend all day making WordPress themes.
also, a lifetime supply of chocolate from any of these companies would also be appreciated:
Oh, and Santa, if you could arrange to not have the Christmas season (by which I mean when Christmas music and decorations start appearing in malls and stores) start the day after Halloween and put it back to the day after Thanksgiving the way it used to be, that would be great.
thanks. your pal,
p.s. all the usual items on my wishlist (world peace, an end to global hunger and poverty, universal health care, an environmentally stable future, a MacBook Pro) are still implied. thx.